Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I am reading a great book entitled " Transformational Church" by Ed Stetzer and
Thomas Rainer.  It is a book about how churches must be "transformational" and just not the usual business as normal attitude.  Here are few one liners that give you a taste of the book...

"Churches do not change until the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change."

"Too many churches attempt to gain hope and strength from the sentimentality of a bygone era of ministry success."

"The first lesson these churches (Transformational) must (re)learn is to rely on God's empowered mission than personal preferences of the congregation."

This is awesome stuff....

What are your thoughts on these quotes?

Pastor Dan

1 comment:

  1. I do believe I've heard or read this elsewhere! It is awesome, and I think I will read the book!

    ReplyDelete