Saturday, February 18, 2012

Egypt - Our Natural Default Position

Sunday February 19, 2012  I will be preaching a new sermon series entitled "South by Southwest     Egypt - Our Natural Default Position".  The series deals with how Israel came to Egypt during a famine in the world.  How they stayed too long and became slaves.  How they escaped to the wilderness and complained the whole time because they wanted to go back to Egypt.

How many of us have a personal or corporate "Egypt"?  What is it that draws us backward to the time/s where we think are the "good old days".  I realize as people we have a tendency to not embrace let alone engage change.  But why is that?  We buy new cars, new clothes, even wear our hair different (some have to some don't).  We change our bedding, we change our clothes, we even change classes in school. So what is it about change we do not like? 

Maybe it is because of the unknown.... we do not know the outcome or where this road is headed. Then again; most of us know exactly where it is headed but don't want to go there.  There is stability in not changing and we like to keep things where we can control it.  That may be one of the causes we don't like change... we can no longer control the situation/s.  But God can and does control each minute detail of our lives.  So why is it we trust Him for our salvation then go ballistic when He begins to change us and the our surroundings.?

So let me ask this..... "What or whom is your Egypt?"    I'd love to read your comments so feel free to log them here.

Pastor Dan

1 comment:

  1. I always resist change...remembering the good-times from the past and laughing over them, doesn't make me forget the bad...or where my choices might have led me if God had not intervened. Still the future is something I cannot read and a bit scary. I can deal with the way things are today...Always have to remind myself that God IS in control, and His plans are much better than any I might imagine...and His plans fit a much larger purpose. It's all about faith, trust, and obedience!

    ReplyDelete